What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog (I picked an alternate version of the logo).
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer questions of nominator.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share your link to your best post(s).
So the lovely Lindsey over at paradisbooks nominated me for this, like, over a week ago. And I’m just making the post now. December is a bit of a crazy month, guys, I’m sorry. Okoto Enigma created the award, and you can follow the link to read all about it.
Three Things About Myself
1. I have a new puppy. He is a German Shepherd, his name is Lenny, and he’s gonna be a big, beefy dude.
2. I quite literally wrecked my eyes reading. When I was little, I would keep books under my pillow so that I could stay up reading past my bedtime. How did this wreck my eyes? Well, you need light to read. And I was using the light from the nightlight across the room. I got my first pair of glasses at age 8 and I’ve been wearing them ever since.
3. I love music. I have learned how to play at least 7 different instruments, and I’ve kept up with 3 of them.
- What’s your favourite kind of post to write?
I do love writing my book reviews…especially reviewing a book that I loved. My absolute favourite posts, however, aren’t the ones that I’ve written at all. They’re my Harry Potter videos, where I just gush and rant and rave about Hogwarts.
- What’s the strangest/most unique place you’ve ever read a book?
I can’t think of anything to strange, but I did read The Tempest (which is about a shipwreck) while on the ferry from Vancouver Island to the mainland.
- What’s a bookish/blogging goal that you have for the next year?
Well, I think my reading goal is going to be to read 80 books in 2017, an increase of 5 from my goal for 2016. My blogging goal is to decrease the time between when I read a book and when I write the review. It’s really bad, guys. I’m just starting a review right now for a book I finished reading 15 days ago.
- Which setting would you choose to live in, dystopian or fantasy? Why?
I honestly cannot imagine why someone would want to live in a dystopian world. Isn’t the whole point of dystopian fiction to imagine one of the worst possible future scenarios? Fantasy all the way. Mermaids? Yes please. Magic? Yes please. Dragons? Yes please. I’m down for all the fantasy worlds. Let’s do this.
- You’re in The Hunger Games (74th Annual style where 2 can end up winning), who would you pick as a partner?
Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series. Unless I have to pick a dude because I’m now remembering that that’s how The Hunger Games works…so I choose…Matthew Clairmont from the All Souls trilogy.
- Is there a book that you’ve re-read more than once because it’s just that good? What is it? If not, why don’t you re-read books?
- What’s your favourite way to consume a story? Reading, film, TV, Youtube, listening…?
- What are 5 things from your Bucket List that people might not expect to see there?
- Which season is the best?
- What’s your secret talent?